The Student Room Group

URGENT - IGCSE History 16 marker

Hi Guys,

I have a history test on 29th nov on chapter 2, chapter 3 and chapter 4 of the USA 1918-1941 and I was wondering how to write a 16 marker. I want to get good grades and do you guys have a past paper that is annotated or can anyone help me write one.ie what to include and how to compare sources etc. thank you so much and have a nice day
Reply 1
Original post by Hellopeople!
Hi Guys,

I have a history test on 29th nov on chapter 2, chapter 3 and chapter 4 of the USA 1918-1941 and I was wondering how to write a 16 marker. I want to get good grades and do you guys have a past paper that is annotated or can anyone help me write one.ie what to include and how to compare sources etc. thank you so much and have a nice day

Hi, I haven't actually been doing the USA yet, I've been doing the Cold War, but my teacher has just run us through the structure of a 16 marker - it usually gives you a statement, mentioning an event that you have studied, and asks you to what extent you agree. For example, I just did one that said: "The Cuban Missile Crisis was the main reason for tension between East and West in the 1960s. To what extent do you agree?"
So my teacher told us to start by explaining the event mentioned in the question, and explaining it and evaluating it. Then, you need to pick out one or two other events that you've studied, and evaluate them. You end with a conclusion on how much you agree with the statement and give your reasons.
My teacher also gave us a time frame if that helps: 24 minutes
I hope this is helpful even though it is another topic :smile:
(edited 5 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest