The Student Room Group

I'm really annoyed.

So, I did my mock English Language Paper 1 exam, and to be honest, I feel like I did rubbish. I didn't even get to complete writing the last question on my paper and got denied asking for extra minutes even though I am allowed to due to my hand, which cannot write as fast, a complication of my cerebral palsy. How do I ask for extra minutes? Now I've potentially wasted 40 marks due to being denied extra time. wow.
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by blahblah0101
So, I did my mock English Language Paper 1 exam, and to be honest, I feel like I did rubbish. I didn't even get to complete writing the last question on my paper and got denied asking for extra minutes even though I am allowed to due to my hand, which cannot write as fast, a complication of my cerebral palsy. How do I ask for extra minutes? Now I've potentially wasted 40 marks due to being denied extra time. wow.

Apply for special consideration- basically they add a percentage of marks onto your final mark.
And for future exams go to your head teacher / exam officer and let them know about your medical condition and you should be allowed extra time also maybe a break in between your exam -- idk how that works but my friend has breaks inbetween her exams
Reply 2
I think the people in charge of the exams are aware of my disabillity, but I'm not sure why they didn't allow me to have extra time. I'll be sure to apply, thank you.

Original post by LOST_CASEXOXO
Apply for special consideration- basically they add a percentage of marks onto your final mark.
And for future exams go to your head teacher / exam officer and let them know about your medical condition and you should be allowed extra time also maybe a break in between your exam -- idk how that works but my friend has breaks inbetween her exams
I think the people in charge of the exams are aware of my disabillity, but I'm not sure why they didn't allow me to have extra time. I'll be sure to apply, thank you.

My teacher now about my disability however they dont automatically put you in for extra time or special consideration.
You have to bring it up with them
NW

To be allowed extra time in the actual exam your school have to apply to the JCQ. I am not sure what you have received in the past in terms of exam accomodations, but I would hope that your school have already started that process. I would recommend speaking SEND staff at your school who can tell you what you should have received and if they say you do not currently have extra time, ask to see if the process of applying for it could start.

Quick Reply

Latest