The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Offers

Hello.

At higher I have AAAAB and the course I am applying for is AAAB at standard entry requirement.

Should I expect an unconditional or conditional, if sent an offer?

My predicted grades are straight A’s.

Thanks.
Why would you get an unconditional offer instead of a conditional one?
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
Original post by 121254Gnrdocarmo
Why would you get an unconditional offer instead of a conditional one?

The only qualifications listed as necessary ( Scottish requirements) are the AAAB.

I am aware that some Scottish (potentially other nation state) students receive an unconditional.

I suppose the question really is: Which is more probably in my scenario a conditional or unconditional?

I spoke to my teachers and parents and left both encounters feeling still quizzical.
Reply 3
Hey yes so I am in a broadly similar situation, I received AAAAA in the 2023 SQA exam diet, and I’m applying for a course that has a AAAAB requirement. I discussed my chances of getting an unconditional with my careers advisor at school and also with my guidance counsellor, and from what they have told me, I have a very good chance of getting an unconditional.

I suppose you would be in the same position as me, so my answer to you would be that you have a good chance of getting an unconditional as you already exceed the requirement. Cheers and good luck.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hello.

At higher I have AAAAB and the course I am applying for is AAAB at standard entry requirement.

Should I expect an unconditional or conditional, if sent an offer?

My predicted grades are straight A’s.

Thanks.

If you receive an offer then it would be unconditional because you have already met the entry requirements. You would get a conditional offer if you were waiting on exam results to still meet the entry requirements.

The main question is whether you will receive an offer - because St Andrews gets lots of applications that exceed their entry requirements. A lot will come down to your personal statement and reference.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending