The Student Room Group

Verifying Passport, please help

I lost my passport and I do not have many people to confirm my identity. Do I need to know someone from 2 years for them to confirm it for me? Theres a few people I can ask at my placement, but I have only been there a few weeks. Do they ask how long we have known them for?
Reply 1
This is what I got from the official UK government page. Now I don't know where you are from. So I suggest you look it up from your own government.

Who cannot confirm someone’s identity
You cannot confirm someone’s identity if:

you’re related by birth or marriage

you’re in a relationship with them or live together

you work for HM Passport Office

you work for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) on British citizenship or right of abode applications

you’re a doctor - unless you know the person who has asked you well (for example, you’re a good friend)

You can only confirm someone’s identity if you:

are 18 or over

live in the UK

have a current UK passport

have known the person applying for at least 2 years (this is the adult making the application if the passport is for a child under 16)

know the person applying as a friend, neighbour or colleague (not just someone who knows you professionally)

Reply 2
Original post by Sonyet
This is what I got from the official UK government page. Now I don't know where you are from. So I suggest you look it up from your own government.

Who cannot confirm someone’s identity
You cannot confirm someone’s identity if:

you’re related by birth or marriage

you’re in a relationship with them or live together

you work for HM Passport Office

you work for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) on British citizenship or right of abode applications

you’re a doctor - unless you know the person who has asked you well (for example, you’re a good friend)

You can only confirm someone’s identity if you:

are 18 or over

live in the UK

have a current UK passport

have known the person applying for at least 2 years (this is the adult making the application if the passport is for a child under 16)

know the person applying as a friend, neighbour or colleague (not just someone who knows you professionally)

This is what I found as well. I'm from the UK and I have checked the guidelines, but its not exactly clear in my situation. They state roles and professions that can verify you. I have someone who can verify me, but she is not in the listed profession, so i'm not sure if it would be accepted.

I have someone else in the listed professions who can, but I have not known them for 2 years, so I don't know what to do or if they check how long we have known them for.

I need my passport asap, so I feel stuck.
Reply 3
Send a snap email to your old manager or lecturer which will take a while for them to respond, or contact HM Passport Office (HMPO) for advice or complaints. Honestly I say it's worth a shot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending