The Student Room Group

Excluded for absence NI

I’m studying a higher level apprenticeship. Recently had a complete mental breakdown resulting in me failing the final 2 modules and lots of absence without contacting my college due to really bad anxiety about the whole situation.

I wasn’t aware of my adhd diagnosis until July time. I made my course coordinator aware and sent evidence from GP in July and nothing was done about it. The company I work for is currently allowing me to take time off and claim SSP but part of my contract is that I attend college one day a week so not sure how long it will last.

I’m just wondering whether this falls under SENDO legislation as occupational health in my work believes it to fall under equality legislation.
Original post by Wallop111
I’m studying a higher level apprenticeship. Recently had a complete mental breakdown resulting in me failing the final 2 modules and lots of absence without contacting my college due to really bad anxiety about the whole situation.

I wasn’t aware of my adhd diagnosis until July time. I made my course coordinator aware and sent evidence from GP in July and nothing was done about it. The company I work for is currently allowing me to take time off and claim SSP but part of my contract is that I attend college one day a week so not sure how long it will last.

I’m just wondering whether this falls under SENDO legislation as occupational health in my work believes it to fall under equality legislation.

Hello :smile: I'm not sure of your specific circumstances- age/location etc. However this organisation may be able to help you regarding the SEND legislation side of things: https://www.ipsea.org.uk/
I hope it helps :yy:

Quick Reply

Latest