The Student Room Group

Help study methods!!

Hi guys I desperately need help. My midyears are next week and I've been so busy these few weeks that I didn't study yet. I know, big shocker. But I'm young, yr 7 anyone? or am I too young (ppl r literally talking about uni)? Guys pls share any study methods you find helpful cuz I AM OVERWHELMED!!!!
Original post by mercyd_d
Hi guys I desperately need help. My midyears are next week and I've been so busy these few weeks that I didn't study yet. I know, big shocker. But I'm young, yr 7 anyone? or am I too young (ppl r literally talking about uni)? Guys pls share any study methods you find helpful cuz I AM OVERWHELMED!!!!

Revising for exams in year 7 isn't too big a deal, but it is good to get into practice (I wish I had in year 7). I find flashcards very useful - I make mine using StudySmarter (website) and mind maps are quite good for essay subjects.
Original post by mercyd_d

Hi @mercyd_d ,

Year 7 is quite early and you have a long time to get to know yourself and what works for you. I would say to try out different study methods as its not a one size fits all when it comes to revising. However, as @flowersinmyhair mentioned, it is helpful to get into the habit of studying early but be careful not to burn yourself out. To do this be wary of burn out symptoms and if you begin to recognise them in yourself seek help with who you feel comfortable with. This might be family, school or friends.

When choosing the study method you could consider:

The subject (revising for a subject like Maths and English will look very different).

Talk to your teacher and ask them to give you some advice.

Have a system that works for you in terms of organisation of books/folders etc.

I hope this helps and good luck!

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep
Reply 3
Original post by flowersinmyhair
Revising for exams in year 7 isn't too big a deal, but it is good to get into practice (I wish I had in year 7). I find flashcards very useful - I make mine using StudySmarter (website) and mind maps are quite good for essay subjects.

Ooh thanksss
Reply 4
Read a passage in your book, look away & try to repeat in your head what you just read, not the exact words but the concepts. Repeat for another passage and so on. Every now again go back to the first passage and try to remember it again without looking. If you need to refresh your memory have a quick peek. Repèat this process until you can remember the whole chapter. Underlining/highlighting important words and phrases in pretty coloured bright markers helps.
Reply 5
Original post by Anayop
Read a passage in your book, look away & try to repeat in your head what you just read, not the exact words but the concepts. Repeat for another passage and so on. Every now again go back to the first passage and try to remember it again without looking. If you need to refresh your memory have a quick peek. Repèat this process until you can remember the whole chapter. Underlining/highlighting important words and phrases in pretty coloured bright markers helps.

that might work, thanks!!

Quick Reply

Latest