The Student Room Group

what happens if i enroll in a level 4 apprenticeship without gcse

????
Reply 1
The training provider will organise key skills training for English and math equivalent. Its not an entry requirement, it’s a final end of apprenticeship assessment requirement.

Its typically a short 1-2 day course, but its mandatory as part of probably all apprenticeship standards that you have basic math and English qualifications.

In other words, don’t worry about it if you’ve been accepted into a level 4. Someone will organise for it to be sorted for you during an apprenticeship.
Reply 2
Original post by Chris2892
The training provider will organise key skills training for English and math equivalent. Its not an entry requirement, it’s a final end of apprenticeship assessment requirement.

Its typically a short 1-2 day course, but its mandatory as part of probably all apprenticeship standards that you have basic math and English qualifications.

In other words, don’t worry about it if you’ve been accepted into a level 4. Someone will organise for it to be sorted for you during an apprenticeship.

but i lied and told them i have the GCSEs to get the apprenticeship? am i still good? they made me do 2 tests online and i passed so im obviously competent enough.
Reply 3
Original post by momog
but i lied and told them i have the GCSEs to get the apprenticeship? am i still good? they made me do 2 tests online and i passed so im obviously competent enough.

Good luck with that. You need to submit copies of your certificates as part of your end point assessment portfolio.
Reply 4
Good luck with that. You need to submit copies of your certificates as part of your end point assessment portfolio.

yeah but like you said, if i come clean cant i just do the english and maths at the end or alongside the apprenticeship. and if the apprentichesip requirements are 5 GCSEs, will i need 5 by the end? this is so ******* unfair man i was dying when i was 13
Reply 5
Original post by momog
yeah but like you said, if i come clean cant i just do the english and maths at the end or alongside the apprenticeship. and if the apprentichesip requirements are 5 GCSEs, will i need 5 by the end? this is so ******* unfair man i was dying when i was 13

I don’t know the extent of the lie.

The entry level requirements aren’t the same as the apprenticeship end point assessment requirements.

The employer defines the former, and the latter is a requirement per the apprenticeship standard you’ll be assessed against.

If your only issue is not meeting apprenticeship standard requirements, you need to tell your provider (not your employer) so they can make sure you sit the key skills math and English, and maybe IT, before your final assessment. You won’t be able to formally finish your apprenticeship without it.
Reply 6
I don’t know the extent of the lie.

The entry level requirements aren’t the same as the apprenticeship end point assessment requirements.

The employer defines the former, and the latter is a requirement per the apprenticeship standard you’ll be assessed against.

If your only issue is not meeting apprenticeship standard requirements, you need to tell your provider (not your employer) so they can make sure you sit the key skills math and English, and maybe IT, before your final assessment. You won’t be able to formally finish your apprenticeship without it.

ah got it. thanks mate appreciate it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending