The Student Room Group

Apprenticeship

Hi. There's a chance I might be getting an adult apprenticeship after an internal interview at work. The application states I need 4 GCSE or equivalent. Unfortunately I can not find my certificate anywhere but I do have my BTEC and Degree certificates from when I was younger. Could these be used as the equivalent part when I go to enrol at college? Thanks
Original post by ClaretnLad
Hi. There's a chance I might be getting an adult apprenticeship after an internal interview at work. The application states I need 4 GCSE or equivalent. Unfortunately I can not find my certificate anywhere but I do have my BTEC and Degree certificates from when I was younger. Could these be used as the equivalent part when I go to enrol at college? Thanks

I would like to believe that they would be accommodating with every candidate. It would be best to redirect this question to them and see what they would have to say on the issue. I don't really see them saying no as they might take the qualifications you have at present into further consideration for the opportunity.
Reply 2
Original post by MissHokage
I would like to believe that they would be accommodating with every candidate. It would be best to redirect this question to them and see what they would have to say on the issue. I don't really see them saying no as they might take the qualifications you have at present into further consideration for the opportunity.

Thanks for the reply. My thoughts are that I don't want to spend 100 pound on a certificate that I might not need. Obviously you can't get a degree without GCSEs so I'd imagine that should be enough.
Thanks for the reply. My thoughts are that I don't want to spend 100 pound on a certificate that I might not need. Obviously you can't get a degree without GCSEs so I'd imagine that should be enough.

Yeah I'd like to assume that as an internal applicant, they would have particular exemptions which would make the process easier for both them and you. For example considering your current experience and latest qualifications.
Reply 4

You would need to clarify with your apprenticeship provider, the group that facilitate the delivery of the apprenticeship standard with your employer.

Worst case you might have to sit a key skills course that lasts a day or so. (I had to do one for IT when that was a requirement). It would be a requirement for your competency assessment at the end of the apprenticeship, not for your initial enrolment. Your existing education is sufficient for enrolment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending