The Student Room Group

Auditors are a waste of time

Do you think police auditors are a waste of time?

An auditor is a unqualified person that goes to a police station, under the guise that they want to check everything is in order with the police.
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 1
That is literally not why they do it.

Auditors do what they do for money, purely and simply.

Their videos are hugely popular on social media, and the more clicks they get, the more money they get. It has absolutely nothing to do with anything "being in order" as the situations are always manufactured by the auditor and then heavily edited.
Reply 2
Most of the time they are bad nobheads.
Reply 3
It's what men do because they can't do onlyfans.
Reply 4
Original post by Trinculo

Their videos are hugely popular on social media, and the more clicks they get, the more money they get. It has absolutely nothing to do with anything "being in order" as the situations are always manufactured by the auditor and then heavily edited.

OMG - so they have a name? For me, they are just people looking for an argument in the name of "democracy". Frankly I often wonder why the police engage. Either that or just arrest and be done with it.
Reply 5
Original post by hotpud
OMG - so they have a name? For me, they are just people looking for an argument in the name of "democracy". Frankly I often wonder why the police engage. Either that or just arrest and be done with it.

Arrest? For what?

That's the point. A lot of these people make a living out of this, and will have on hand a number of solicitors who similarly make a living out of them.

If they stand outside a police station filming and taking pictures of everyone that leaves, they're not doing that for any reason other that to try and provoke (a) an encounter which they can film, edit and then put on social media for views, or (b) provoke an arrest / use of force which they will then sue on, and 99% likely the local police authority will simply pay out on. If a person behaves like a terrorist, but you are pretty certain they aren't - then you don't have power to search or arrest.
Reply 6
Arrest? For what?

That's the point. A lot of these people make a living out of this, and will have on hand a number of solicitors who similarly make a living out of them.

If they stand outside a police station filming and taking pictures of everyone that leaves, they're not doing that for any reason other that to try and provoke (a) an encounter which they can film, edit and then put on social media for views, or (b) provoke an arrest / use of force which they will then sue on, and 99% likely the local police authority will simply pay out on. If a person behaves like a terrorist, but you are pretty certain they aren't - then you don't have power to search or arrest.

Arrest for disturbance of the peace or any other made up charge which will later be dropped after inconveniencing those that do this sort of thing. Obviously surveillance equipment can be seized but "Oh no," it accidentally got wiped when it was being put in a plastic bag. Either that or completely ignore what are no doubt known provocateurs.
Reply 7
Original post by hotpud
Arrest for disturbance of the peace or any other made up charge which will later be dropped after inconveniencing those that do this sort of thing. Obviously surveillance equipment can be seized but "Oh no," it accidentally got wiped when it was being put in a plastic bag. Either that or completely ignore what are no doubt known provocateurs.

This is exactly what they want and would pay them handsomely.

Btw - Disturbance of the Peace isn’t a real thing. It doesn’t work like that. There’s Breach of Peace at common law, but for that to apply there has to be someone that fears that they or their property will be (physically harmed)
Reply 8

That's why I wrote "Under the guise" in my comment, auditors only want money, they don't care about what the police are doing.

There was an auditor that was entitled to a huge pay out from the police and I don't think he got it yet, but he definitely didn't deserve the pay out from the police.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending