The Student Room Group

HMRC tax compliance auditor or data analyst?

Wondering if anyone on here is currently working as either of these roles (HO.. or O) in CCG - large business? And what's your experience been like in these roles? (Am currently on reserve list for both)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'd be interested to find out too - I'm thinking of applying for O Data and systems auditor :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by sabana
I'd be interested to find out too - I'm thinking of applying for O Data and systems auditor :smile:

That looks like an interesting one! Think it's more IT based but still very similar
I get the feeling the work is a bit more varied in auditing
Reply 3
Original post by E-Stit
That looks like an interesting one! Think it's more IT based but still very similar
I get the feeling the work is a bit more varied in auditing

Yh it does sound interesting. Definitely worth a shot I reckon as I've worked with data before🙂. Good luck with your reserve list!
Are you still on reserve list?
Original post by E-Stit
Wondering if anyone on here is currently working as either of these roles (HO.. or O) in CCG - large business? And what's your experience been like in these roles? (Am currently on reserve list for both)
Reply 5
Original post by Fras22
Are you still on reserve list?

Data Analyst one ran out last week.. still in reserve for the auditor one until January but not holding my breath as there's hardly any CCG recruitment at the moment.
Original post by E-Stit
Data Analyst one ran out last week.. still in reserve for the auditor one until January but not holding my breath as there's hardly any CCG recruitment at the moment

If you don’t mind me asking, when were you interviewed and what band is it ? What position are you on the reserve list?
Reply 7
Original post by Fras22
If you don’t mind me asking, when were you interviewed and what band is it ? What position are you on the reserve list?

For the one that run out.. October last year and the only person left on the list -I was asked if I'd take a job in Leeds in February but couldn't relocate at the time.
The one that runs out in January, interview was early January and currently 1st (but I was about 6th/12 initially)
Original post by E-Stit
For the one that run out.. October last year and the only person left on the list -I was asked if I'd take a job in Leeds in February but couldn't relocate at the time.
The one that runs out in January, interview was early January and currently 1st (but I was about 6th/12 initially)

Is it for band O? If you are 1st on the list there is still hope.
Reply 9
Original post by Fras22
Is it for band O? If you are 1st on the list there is still hope.

These were HO or HEO.. thanks 😊
Original post by E-Stit
These were HO or HEO.. thanks 😊

Do you have any idea if CCG is going to continue hiring for these positions given the recruitment freeze? Currently on a reserve list for the O band role and wondered how long I would be waiting. Job posting showed 5 positions available, yet they haven't gave any roles to the successful interviewees? seems strange to put out a campaign and then place people directly into a reserve list without giving any positions at all?

Any proposed timescales for how long one would be on a reserve list even if was in first place?

regards,
Reply 11
Original post by dataman
Do you have any idea if CCG is going to continue hiring for these positions given the recruitment freeze? Currently on a reserve list for the O band role and wondered how long I would be waiting. Job posting showed 5 positions available, yet they haven't gave any roles to the successful interviewees? seems strange to put out a campaign and then place people directly into a reserve list without giving any positions at all?

Any proposed timescales for how long one would be on a reserve list even if was in first place?

regards,

No idea.. I had asked but they basically said they went all out on recruitment last year, filled all their vacancies and more people stayed than expected. As for when they start recruiting again they just said it gets reviewed regularly, There's some CCG recruitment but dribs and drabs.

Might be worth emailing the vacancy holder on the advert details for more specifics (that's what I did anyway).
Have you found out wat position are you on?

Original post by dataman

regards,
Second I think?
Wondering how long I'll be waiting, or if they will even bother to continue with that specific recruitment campaign given the freeze :/
Original post by Fras22
Have you found out wat position are you on?
Anyone heard anything recently? people on reserve list any sucess?
People on Temporary promotion got extended for another 3months, which mean recruitment needs will be reviewed in May again probably. There also has been some staff moving around into different teams recently.
It is annoying and seems unfair been put on reserve list for don't know how long after going through the interview and all. So I recommend keep applying for more jobs, good luck!
I got job offer after been on reserve list for 6 month for I Data and system Auditor role with HMRC.
Original post by andilawahidpk
I got job offer after been on reserve list for 6 month for I Data and system Auditor role with HMRC.

Congratulations! Have you been given a starting date? I also got offered a role - I have been on reserve list for 8 months.
Congratulations, no I’m still waiting for the start date. My pre-employment checks are complete being the internal candidate. I guess they would wait for all external candidates pre-employment checks to be completed first. Are you an external candidate (means joining first time civil service)?
Original post by andilawahidpk
Congratulations, no I’m still waiting for the start date. My pre-employment checks are complete being the internal candidate. I guess they would wait for all external candidates pre-employment checks to be completed first. Are you an external candidate (means joining first time civil service)?

My pre-employment checks are also complete and I am an external candidate (first time civil service). Everything went smoothly, and now I am just waiting for a call from the manager to agree on a starting date! It's been quite a journey, as I got 2 offers from the Civil Service on the same day and I had to decline another offer, but I am thrilled to start working in HMRC. Fingers crossed that the call comes in soon! By the way, being an internal candidate, do you have any idea if this position allows for compressed hours arrangement? 😊
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending