The Student Room Group

GCSE Sciences 6 Markers HELP!

Hi, I am studying GCSE AQA Chemistry, Biology and Physics. I’m aiming for grade 9. However, I struggle with the 6 marker questions.

If anyone has a method or tips for how I could achieve (possibly) full marks for the 6 markers then please share them. Any help/guidance would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Reply 1
One of my main pieces of advice would be to just state the obvious, even though you may think it is obvious the examiner may not be able to make those same connections as obviously. If the questions asks: compare ethane to ethane, for example, then you should firstly state that they are different in terms of structure, so ethane is an alkane so only has a single covalent C-C bond. Whereas ethane is an alkene so has a double covalent C=C bond. Then you’d build on this using their reactivities or if the question asks for anything specific
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Sazzysz7
Hi, I am studying GCSE AQA Chemistry, Biology and Physics. I’m aiming for grade 9. However, I struggle with the 6 marker questions.

If anyone has a method or tips for how I could achieve (possibly) full marks for the 6 markers then please share them. Any help/guidance would be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

You could probably watch some walkthrough videos on YouTube of different 6 markers and they usually give you some exam technique tips.
Reply 3
Original post by HT_3105
One of my main pieces of advice would be to just state the obvious, even though you may think it is obvious the examiner may not be able to make those same connections as obviously. If the questions asks: compare ethane to ethane, for example, then you should firstly state that they are different in terms of structure, so ethane is an alkane so only has a single covalent C-C bond. Whereas ethane is an alkene so has a double covalent C=C bond. Then you’d build on this using their reactivities or if the question asks for anything specific

Amazing! Thank you. I will keep this in mind while completing the 6 markers and I’ll also go through some walkthrough videos on YouTube :smile:)

Thank you once again, your comment was really helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest