The Student Room Group

Need help

i am in year 10 going into year 11 and i am using my gcse science to revise and learn some things i missed out or don't feel comfortable on (which is pretty much the whole syllabus atm). i was wondering if i should just use the website or use a mix of that and a text book or not at all. For my end of years i got a 5, 6 and 8. Sometimes it feels like the videos are missing things out. i really want to improve on my science and need to know if this is the way to do it.
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by amelia.c.r
i am in year 10 going into year 11 and i am using my gcse science to revise and learn some things i missed out or don't feel comfortable on (which is pretty much the whole syllabus atm). i was wondering if i should just use the website or use a mix of that and a text book or not at all. For my end of years i got a 5, 6 and 8. Sometimes it feels like the videos are missing things out. i really want to improve on my science and need to know if this is the way to do it.

When i was doing GCSE's I used freesciencelessons, he explains everything you need to know, covers the whole syllabus with diagrams and questions and has his own question book. It really helped me.
You should use the textbook to make sure everything in it has been covered.

Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
I know some people who helped tutor me in these subject areas to get the grades I got; I can PM you their information if you'd like.
Original post by amelia.c.r

You can use my gcse science if you feel it helps you on some level (it may not be worth your revision time, if it doesn't help you at all), but you can use freesciencelessons (as @spectrum84 said), cognito, and you specification (from your exam board) and use it as a checklist of everything you need to know. On top of that, I recommend using mme revise and physics and maths tutor, as they have great questions and a mark scheme too - you can also use past papers and the mark schemes that comes along with that (if you can get access to the examiner reports too, that'll tell you things students missed out on over the years).
The main bits of science that come up in exams are practicals, equations and one or two 6-markers, which I suggest you focus on as well.

I hope that helps and good luck!
Reply 4
thank you so much to everyone this has really helped me!
Reply 5
Original post by tapram
I know some people who helped tutor me in these subject areas to get the grades I got; I can PM you their information if you'd like.

yes please, that would be very usefull.

Quick Reply

Latest