The Student Room Group

personal statement

hey guys I'm sending my personal statement tomorrow but I'm three lines over the limit is it okay if I just remove paragraph spaces??
Original post by 35kammy21
hey guys I'm sending my personal statement tomorrow but I'm three lines over the limit is it okay if I just remove paragraph spaces??

It’s not ideal. It should be possible to edit PS down to include proper formatting and make it easier for admissions staff to pick out key points easily.
Reply 2

I would suggest that you limit your text to the admissible limits. Failure to do so would look like you are unable to follow simple instructions and summarise.
Best of luck!
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 3

Yes this is what i did!
Original post by ADQS94UU
Yes this is what i did!

You made your statement less readable and increased the likelihood of an admissions tutor missing something important.

They get skim read in somewhere between a minute or two. Badly formatted statements are the bane of my job.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending