The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

language module while studying law at Durham?

I saw you can take an open language module that’s 3 hours a week, can you do that while studying law or is it restricted in any way? Would the workload be very heavy? Sorry if this is a silly question i’m just kinda lost x
Original post by Anonymous #1
I saw you can take an open language module that’s 3 hours a week, can you do that while studying law or is it restricted in any way? Would the workload be very heavy? Sorry if this is a silly question i’m just kinda lost x

Heya

I'm a 3rd year law student and studying Korean as one of my modules. You can't do this in 1st year because all first year modules are mandatory but you have the option in 2nd and 3rd year.

I have 3 1-hour seminars per week, and the module will also count towards my final degree grade. For me, I've found it to be more time-consuming than my law modules tbh because it's a completely new language and you have to spend a lot of time learning vocabulary and understanding the grammar rules. Still, as long as I attend all my seminars and pay attention to what's being taught, I can pass my exams without much effort.

Let me know if you have more questions :smile:

-Himieka
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest