The Student Room Group

English Language Paper 1 Q4

Hello, does anyone know how to structure this question with high level answer? If so, please leave a model answer. How many paragraphs roughly? And if so, how would they differ to eachother?
Reply 1
Hello,

I would like to recommend Mr Everything English's video on structure for Q2 and Q4. I find it helpful and it could be useful for you if you're finding it difficult. I won't go into the context of the video, but I suggest you watch it. One thing that he doesn't mention is that you should use embedded quotes. For example, Mr Fisher recalls a flashback of when times were "golden", making sure you use quotation marks.

Also, it's important to look at the model answers of previous students. They may or may not follow the PRTEZEL structure, but you should find what works for you and look at their analysis. Learn some excellent vocabulary, such as "jubilant" and "lackadaisical", and use it appropriately. You should also learn some linguistic devices, such as sibilance and hyperbole, and some structural devices, such as flashback.

Next, do many past paper questions, apply the knowledge you have learned, and get it marked by a teacher. It might be overwhelming at first, but if you follow these steps, you will succeed. Finally, just do your best, don't overstress, and read the question appropriately. English, just like any subject, is a subject you can develop in. Applying these skills can benefit you in the long term.

I'm sorry if this was too long and late.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending