The Student Room Group

Std

My boyfriend went on a boys holiday a year ago and ever since I have had a very itchy vulva/anus, we have been together over 4 years but only ever since he went on holiday I have been experiencing this, I think I may have an std, has this happened to anyone else before it’s taking over my life
Reply 1
Original post by Unknowngirlyy
My boyfriend went on a boys holiday a year ago and ever since I have had a very itchy vulva/anus, we have been together over 4 years but only ever since he went on holiday I have been experiencing this, I think I may have an std, has this happened to anyone else before it’s taking over my life

a year ago? you'd probably have other symptoms by now tbh. it's probably not an std but you should still get it checked out, could be something else
That's a long time to be living with any symptoms that are having such a pronounced effect on you. It could be an STD, but it could numerous other things too. Either way, strangers on an internet forum aren't going to be able to diagnose you. Is there a reason you haven't been to your GP? Because that's the really obvious thing to do in this situation.
Reply 3
Original post by Crazy Jamie
That's a long time to be living with any symptoms that are having such a pronounced effect on you. It could be an STD, but it could numerous other things too. Either way, strangers on an internet forum aren't going to be able to diagnose you. Is there a reason you haven't been to your GP? Because that's the really obvious thing to do in this situation.

I have been to the doctors and they palmed me off saying it could be thrush/yeast infection. I had the medication for that and it didn’t do anything at all, I’m just scared but I’m going to have a test done next week to find out if I do have a sexually transmitted infection.
I have been to the doctors and they palmed me off saying it could be thrush/yeast infection. I had the medication for that and it didn’t do anything at all, I’m just scared but I’m going to have a test done next week to find out if I do have a sexually transmitted infection.

Well, you'll know the answer then.
Reply 5

then go back and say you have symptoms that persisted

it's clear from the post what you think may be the cause, but needless to say we don't have a crystal to confirm that for you nor diagnose your symptoms remotely
Reply 6
Original post by HoldThisL
then go back and say you have symptoms that persisted

it's clear from the post what you think may be the cause, but needless to say we don't have a crystal to confirm that for you nor diagnose your symptoms remotely

100% thankyou
Reply 7

Struggling to see how them giving you treatment is them palming you off, tbh... Did you go back to tell them it didn't work?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending