The Student Room Group

My boyfriend never buy me anything even for christmas

Hi, is it bad that my boyfriend bought me nothing for Christmas even though for the past month we have been talking about getting gifts. I had brought it up several times to him what I would buy him for Christmas and he was even making hints in what I should buy him. Not only that , I bought him a gift. Also when it was birthday he never bought me a gift even though I had sponsored the holiday and paying an extra 1k for us to get a better holiday. There was even an occasion he didn’t have money for the holiday cause apparantly he lost his money which I then covered everything for the both of us. It was only after I cried then after a couple months he decided to buy me a cheap makeup set. I do the food shop majority of the time since he doesn’t work a lot of hours and I too don’t do a lot of hours but still do a lot for him. Last month he had extra money as he was gifted £500 but what surprised me is he didn’t once think to even get me a gift even with that money. Am I overthinking? Or does he just not care and love me like he says he does?
Just ask him. “We were talking about gifts before Christmas, and you didn’t get me anything. Is there something wrong?”
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
Just ask him. “We were talking about gifts before Christmas, and you didn’t get me anything. Is there something wrong?”

He just says he’s bad with money everytime
Original post by Anonymous #1
He just says he’s bad with money everytime

If he was gifted £500 recently I don’t think it’s unreasonable to receive a gift. Literally anything.

Have a sit down and explain how this made you feel. Him having less money than you is understandable, but losing money or not picking up that this was important to you isn’t.
Hi, is it bad that my boyfriend bought me nothing for Christmas even though for the past month we have been talking about getting gifts. I had brought it up several times to him what I would buy him for Christmas and he was even making hints in what I should buy him. Not only that , I bought him a gift. Also when it was birthday he never bought me a gift even though I had sponsored the holiday and paying an extra 1k for us to get a better holiday. There was even an occasion he didn’t have money for the holiday cause apparantly he lost his money which I then covered everything for the both of us. It was only after I cried then after a couple months he decided to buy me a cheap makeup set. I do the food shop majority of the time since he doesn’t work a lot of hours and I too don’t do a lot of hours but still do a lot for him. Last month he had extra money as he was gifted £500 but what surprised me is he didn’t once think to even get me a gift even with that money. Am I overthinking? Or does he just not care and love me like he says he does?

Time to get a new boyfriend

You need to be with a real man not a boy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending