The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

What are the chances I get the offer from Imperial for Computing?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by u3mqarty
you think? I'm really stressing over this because I've heard that the last interview date for Imperial is like end of feb / start of march meaning they probably have to inform people within the next week and the later it goes on without an invite, it feels closer to a rejection!

The interview website only says "We USUALLY host interviews between November and February" which means that they could extend this time period if the applicant pool is particularly big this year. You still have another 18 days so don't worry (and maybe even longer).

Also, the fact that you haven't been rejected yet suggests to me that you show merit on your application but not enough to give you an interview straight off the bat. I think that they will start to look at such applications round about now since @UniVerse3 mentioned that the last admissions test will be hosted next week and so there won't be too many applicants left to look at.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 21
Original post by UniVerse3
I wore to Imperial and they said they were going to do the last admission test this coming week and then process all the remaining applicants. They probably got the top people they wanted and now is down to the last places I think.

Good to know! I think they will start to look through all applicants left now to fill the remaining places, which I can't imagine is a lot because a lot of the people who currently have offers are either Oxbridge rejects or offer holders, though this is not the case in every applicant (like myself for instance. I applied to Cambridge but got rejected pre-interview after messing up my admissions test).
Original post by Anonymous #1
The interview website only says "We USUALLY host interviews between November and February" which means that they could extend this time period if the applicant pool is particularly big this year. You still have another 18 days so don't worry (and maybe even longer).

Also, the fact that you haven't been rejected yet suggests to me that you show merit on your application but not enough to give you an interview straight off the bat. I think that they will start to look at such applications round about now since @UniVerse3 mentioned that the last admissions test will be hosted next week and so there won't be too many applicants left to look at.

I had my admission February 5th Monday, how long do you think I could expect for getting an interview and when will they let me know if I get an interview or got rejected?
Reply 23
Original post by BangPitung
I had my admission February 5th Monday, how long do you think I could expect for getting an interview and when will they let me know if I get an interview or got rejected?

Original post by BangPitung

I assume that the interview will be online otherwise they will have to give you a two week notice to invite to interview at the very least (to book travel etc.) for an in-person interview. For an online interview, I reckon they would give you at the absolute tops a week's notice.

As for rejections, who knows? I mean the November to Feb window is just a target for them to do interviews and they could keep going with interviews into March but it's hard to say because we don't know the number of applicants that are still being processed and the number of places that are still available.

I think though that they will stick to their word and start handing out more rejections in March.
Reply 24
I assume that the interview will be online otherwise they will have to give you a two week notice to invite to interview at the very least (to book travel etc.) for an in-person interview. For an online interview, I reckon they would give you at the absolute tops a week's notice.

As for rejections, who knows? I mean the November to Feb window is just a target for them to do interviews and they could keep going with interviews into March but it's hard to say because we don't know the number of applicants that are still being processed and the number of places that are still available.

I think though that they will stick to their word and start handing out more rejections in March.

According to this website from Imperial, the last (in-person?) interview day is 28 February 2024 for this cycle. They're also generally not great with giving notice in advance for invites. From what I've heard, invites can come from 2 weeks in advance up to 6 days or so in advance of the day. Not to say these are the only possibilities though. Good luck all!
Reply 25
Original post by Jam.123
According to this website from Imperial, the last (in-person?) interview day is 28 February 2024 for this cycle. They're also generally not great with giving notice in advance for invites. From what I've heard, invites can come from 2 weeks in advance up to 6 days or so in advance of the day. Not to say these are the only possibilities though. Good luck all!

I got almost 3 weeks lol....got told on 10/11 for interview on 29/11.
Reply 26

I got almost 3 weeks lol....got told on 10/11 for interview on 29/11.

That’s generous haha, I was told on 1/11 for an interview on 8/11 😂 - train prices were unfun
Reply 27
Original post by Jam.123
That’s generous haha, I was told on 1/11 for an interview on 8/11 😂 - train prices were unfun

Haha yikes! A week is literally nothing but it's done now! I mean, my prices weren't either....I think we spent about £200 from Leeds to get there (which might be why I got a bit more time in order to organise travel plans).

Have you been preparing for STEP? If so how? What are your requirements as part of the offer?
Reply 28
Original post by vnayak

Haha yikes! A week is literally nothing but it's done now! I mean, my prices weren't either....I think we spent about £200 from Leeds to get there (which might be why I got a bit more time in order to organise travel plans).

Have you been preparing for STEP? If so how? What are your requirements as part of the offer?

Oh dear

STEP offer is 2 in paper 2. Preparing by doing STEP 2&3 past papers as often as possible. STEP 1 as well if I feel like a warm up. Isolated questions from the database if I don’t have enough time for a full paper. How about you?
Reply 29
Original post by Jam.123
Oh dear

STEP offer is 2 in paper 2. Preparing by doing STEP 2&3 past papers as often as possible. STEP 1 as well if I feel like a warm up. Isolated questions from the database if I don’t have enough time for a full paper. How about you?

I've just been doing the STEP papers as well....Trying to find more stuff to do. How long have you been preparing for?
Reply 30
Original post by vnayak
Original post by Jam.123
Oh dear

I've just been doing the STEP papers as well....Trying to find more stuff to do. How long have you been preparing for?

Quite a while. Did a tonne of STEP 1 papers over the summer and lots of those support modules. Doing more STEP 2/3 level stuff now
Reply 31
You?
Reply 32
Original post by Jam.123
You?

Yep 😇🤩
Do u know when is the last day for them to send in person interview invites for home applicants as I done my test on 27/11 and I haven’t heard back from them yet. Also, the website says that if u pass the online cs test, u will get an interview somewhere, idk if it only applies to contextuals or no. But, for the online cs test, what is the pass mark out of 10, I’m so confused. I reckon I only got 6-7 questions right out of 10 but who knows. It’s been a long wait lmao
Furthermore, since this is February half term, r they still gonna send interview invites this week, or is the admissions office or smth on a break for the whole week.
And someone please tell me, for like each score on the admissions test from 10/10 to maybe 4 or 5/10, each score, the probability of getting an interview cos someone said that if u get 7/10, 60% chance of interview, but then what about 6/10 or smth? Apologi s for the questions but if u can, pls tell me? So much stress right now
Reply 36
Original post by SnowyPanda
Do u know when is the last day for them to send in person interview invites for home applicants as I done my test on 27/11 and I haven’t heard back from them yet. Also, the website says that if u pass the online cs test, u will get an interview somewhere, idk if it only applies to contextuals or no. But, for the online cs test, what is the pass mark out of 10, I’m so confused. I reckon I only got 6-7 questions right out of 10 but who knows. It’s been a long wait lmao

Yeah that's not really true because the test itself doesn't actually have a "pass mark". It's looked into along with your personal statement (equal precedence is given so you need to nail both).

Last interview date is 28th Feb (that we know of) but this could extend.
Reply 37
And someone please tell me, for like each score on the admissions test from 10/10 to maybe 4 or 5/10, each score, the probability of getting an interview cos someone said that if u get 7/10, 60% chance of interview, but then what about 6/10 or smth? Apologi s for the questions but if u can, pls tell me? So much stress right now

Search up something called "FOI data Imperial College London Computing admissions test scores" and the data should be there (it comes from the university so it's all reliable).
Is there any 2022/23 data in terms of imperial computing online test, interview and application stats, cos the latest I saw is 2021/22, with 20.5% of applicants getting interviews with 6/10 I think idk
Reply 39
Is there any 2022/23 data in terms of imperial computing online test, interview and application stats, cos the latest I saw is 2021/22, with 20.5% of applicants getting interviews with 6/10 I think idk

no but you can make your own FOI request after making an account on that website. The university will be legally required to respond within the next 31 days (or provide a date when a response will be given and adhere to that).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending