The Student Room Group

Study resources

I am thinking of getting the A level AQA Biology snap revise flash cards and I am wondering if they are any good or are they worth it?
It depends on how much time you have. Personally if you are just starting out A levels I would recommend making your own resources as this helps to convert the information into smaller chunks that you understand and you can build them up as you go. However, if you are in year 13 and don’t have lots of time to play around with then buying pre-made resources is a good shout because now should be time for exam technique rather than creating resources from scratch. I hope this helps :smile:
cutechemist is entirely correct in that if you're at the start of your first year the best thing you can do is to make your own resources on a software like Anki or Notion -- if you want to use things like Snap you can get their revision mindmaps for free and then just convert them into a digital flashcard system which will allow you to actively recall information over a spaced period of time; just ensure you're not falling into the trap of memorising information as opposed to actually understanding it, especially with things like Biology.

Quick Reply

Latest