The Student Room Group

PGCE iQTS

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone has completed the PGCE iQTS (DL) whilst working full time (or not!) Who could advise on work load and manageability of it?

Many thanks
Reply 1
Hi,

I am not going to lie the first month was so hard because there are so many elements and I wasn't sure my mentor would be fully on board, I nearly quit that first month !. However once I got into the swing it was really enjoyable and my Uni was really supportive . Like at 1 point I had to ask for an extension as I had schoolwork and they were really kind. I chose Warwick because the sessions are online but in person which meant I had to be there to study, this helped me to timetable. I had tried an online course before whilst teaching and failed miserably as I didn't find the time to prioritise so it gave me the discipline. Also my school were happier I did it with Warwick because they had some bad experiences with other places. My friend did one with another university at the same time, he works in central America whilst I am in Asia but he found he had to prove he had been to the sessions by filling out lots of responses so in a way although he could do it in his own time sometimes he just got fed up. I shared some of the things I had been learning and was surprised how different the ideas were. I prefer chatting to people anyway! and I got to meet up with some of my classmates which I don't think I would have done otherwise. Like there was someone in my group who always sent reminders, usually a day before the tutor so that helped me keep up. I am really glad I did it though. It has helped me with my career already.
Reply 2
Original post by Pepsi71
Hi,

I am not going to lie the first month was so hard because there are so many elements and I wasn't sure my mentor would be fully on board, I nearly quit that first month !. However once I got into the swing it was really enjoyable and my Uni was really supportive . Like at 1 point I had to ask for an extension as I had schoolwork and they were really kind. I chose Warwick because the sessions are online but in person which meant I had to be there to study, this helped me to timetable. I had tried an online course before whilst teaching and failed miserably as I didn't find the time to prioritise so it gave me the discipline. Also my school were happier I did it with Warwick because they had some bad experiences with other places. My friend did one with another university at the same time, he works in central America whilst I am in Asia but he found he had to prove he had been to the sessions by filling out lots of responses so in a way although he could do it in his own time sometimes he just got fed up. I shared some of the things I had been learning and was surprised how different the ideas were. I prefer chatting to people anyway! and I got to meet up with some of my classmates which I don't think I would have done otherwise. Like there was someone in my group who always sent reminders, usually a day before the tutor so that helped me keep up. I am really glad I did it though. It has helped me with my career already.

Thanks so much for getting back to me! What do you mean by

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending