The Student Room Group

Student Finance for PGCEI IQTS for UK citizen living in Europe

Hi. I am a UK citizen who has been living in Italy for the past 4 years. I want to do a PGCEI with IQTS, but would need help from Student Finance England to cover the tuition fees, and ideally also a maintenance loan. I also want to keep my Italian residency, but to do so need to be in Italy for at least 6 months of the year. I could be resident at my parents house in the UK for the start of the course, but then would probably do most of the course via distance learning from Italy. Is it possible to get a student loan in this case. Thanks for your help.
Original post by RSB1995
Hi. I am a UK citizen who has been living in Italy for the past 4 years. I want to do a PGCEI with IQTS, but would need help from Student Finance England to cover the tuition fees, and ideally also a maintenance loan. I also want to keep my Italian residency, but to do so need to be in Italy for at least 6 months of the year. I could be resident at my parents house in the UK for the start of the course, but then would probably do most of the course via distance learning from Italy. Is it possible to get a student loan in this case. Thanks for your help.

Hi there,

To be eligible for funding from us you need to be living in the UK for the duration of your course.

So, if you decide to move abroad you'll no longer be eligible from that point on.

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 2
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,
To be eligible for funding from us you need to be living in the UK for the duration of your course.
So, if you decide to move abroad you'll no longer be eligible from that point on.
Thanks, Graeme

Okay. Thanks for the clarification.
You're welcome. Any further questions then do let us know. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending