The Student Room Group

Retaking after a gift yeat

Hi,
So I have a few long term health conditions, both metal and physical, such as anxiety, depression and ibd. This has drastically impacted my ability to complete my years of uni. I am currently in a gift year completing 3 of my modules again from second year. I am however struggling again due to my health. Sometimes I am fine but this month I have 3 courseworks and a test in one week due and I suspect I may fail one or two of them. Would I be able to get another year due to my health or would I be done with uni entirely and have to leave.
Please don’t come at me and be like you’re too ill to be at uni as I’m not like this constantly just over the past month or so.
If you can provide SFE with evidence of Compelling Personal Reasons leading to you needing to repeat or retake a year then SFE will award additional years of funding.

Evidence needs to be in the form of a letter from a professional explaining that the situation/your illness has directly affected your studies and lead to you needing to repeat the year.

If you can provide evidence for both this year and last year then SFE would reinstate your gift year.

Quick Reply

Latest