The Student Room Group

5 in GCSE, need 6 for uni

I'm applying for a marketing degree that says I need a 6 in GCSE mathematics, but I only got a 5 due to covid (my school made many of us do foundation paper). I literally got close to 100% in my maths exams. Is it worthwhile applying to this uni that asks for a 6 despite only having a 5? I meet the other entry requirements and have a lot of work experience related to my degree as well as a good personal statement.
Original post by Anonymous #1
I'm applying for a marketing degree that says I need a 6 in GCSE mathematics, but I only got a 5 due to covid (my school made many of us do foundation paper). I literally got close to 100% in my maths exams. Is it worthwhile applying to this uni that asks for a 6 despite only having a 5? I meet the other entry requirements and have a lot of work experience related to my degree as well as a good personal statement.

Ask them but be prepared for the response to be no. If that's the case then retake?
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
Ask them but be prepared for the response to be no. If that's the case then retake?

they asked for evidence but obviously i dont have any evidence. prepared for a no lol. i meet my other uni’s entry requirements so all is ok 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest