The Student Room Group

Anyone else on anti psychotic drugs?

Is anyone on Aripiprazole?(what I'm on), or any other anti psychotic meds? I would like to talk about the problems I'm experiencing with it.
I'm on an aripiprazole depot, yeah :yes:

EDIT: I should have said when I replied this, that I don't have any side effects from it - so I may not be the best person to talk to!
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I'm on an aripiprazole depot, yeah :yes:

EDIT: I should have said when I replied this, that I don't have any side effects from it - so I may not be the best person to talk to!

Oh ok fair enough. Glad you have no side effects. I have experienced more tiredness and a deadening of sexuality.
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
Oh ok fair enough. Glad you have no side effects. I have experienced more tiredness and a deadening of sexuality.

Really sorry to hear this. Antipsychotics can have all kinds of debilitating and awful side effects :frown: Have you spoken to anyone in your mental health team about it? :console:
Really sorry to hear this. Antipsychotics can have all kinds of debilitating and awful side effects :frown: Have you spoken to anyone in your mental health team about it? :console:

It's not too bad it's just a bit frustrating. I can speak to the team but basically, despite my psychosis being isolated incidents, two of them, they consider it a lifetime problem needing constant medication. Hard to convince them out of this view. I could try and write a letter maybe. And, I don't know what you feel about this but for me Aripiprazole is the best in terms of side effects. I'm on 10mg a day currently. Boost myself with caffeine but it's not the same as when I genuinely had more energy.
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
It's not too bad it's just a bit frustrating. I can speak to the team but basically, despite my psychosis being isolated incidents, two of them, they consider it a lifetime problem needing constant medication. Hard to convince them out of this view. I could try and write a letter maybe. And, I don't know what you feel about this but for me Aripiprazole is the best in terms of side effects. I'm on 10mg a day currently. Boost myself with caffeine but it's not the same as when I genuinely had more energy.

Ahhh that is very annoying that they consider it a lifelong problem. I guess there's no knowing when/whether the psychosis might pop up again, but it's still very frustrating for you and yeah, def hard to persuade them otherwise :sadnod:

Yeah I've found aripiprazole to be the best antipsychotic for me out of the ones I tried. I've been on it since 2011 (though I wasn't always taking it that whole time. Obviously now that I'm on a depot injection, I am!) and I'm very reluctant to try anything else :redface:
Ahhh that is very annoying that they consider it a lifelong problem. I guess there's no knowing when/whether the psychosis might pop up again, but it's still very frustrating for you and yeah, def hard to persuade them otherwise :sadnod:

Yeah I've found aripiprazole to be the best antipsychotic for me out of the ones I tried. I've been on it since 2011 (though I wasn't always taking it that whole time. Obviously now that I'm on a depot injection, I am!) and I'm very reluctant to try anything else :redface:

Yeah I'll have to see if I can convince them. Some other side effects seem to be some dehydration, night urination, even when I don't drink before bed, and feel dehydration, and nightmares.
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest