The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Transfer from Solent Southampton to Uni of Reading

I am currently studying Cyber Security Management in my first year at Solent University. I received an offer to study Computer Science with Industrial Year at the University of Reading, however I didn't accept the offer.

I would be much better suited at Reading for various reasons, but I have no idea on how to go about transferring; I would ideally like to transfer this academic year (23/24) but I would be fine transferring into second year at Reading, or even starting fresh as a first year again in 2024.

How can I go about this?
It's generally not possible to transfer mid year.

For starting in second year in the coming academic year at reading, you would need to apply via ucas for second year entry after having contacted them and had confirmation they will consider you for second year entry. This is normally dependent on your current course having a largely similar if not practically identical first year content foe the new course.

For starting again in first year you would just apply through UCAS in the normal way for first year entry again.

Deadline for UCAS applications equal consideration is January 25th!
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous #1
I am currently studying Cyber Security Management in my first year at Solent University. I received an offer to study Computer Science with Industrial Year at the University of Reading, however I didn't accept the offer.

I would be much better suited at Reading for various reasons, but I have no idea on how to go about transferring; I would ideally like to transfer this academic year (23/24) but I would be fine transferring into second year at Reading, or even starting fresh as a first year again in 2024.

How can I go about this?

Hey Anonymous!

It's great to think about these things, and consider what is right for you. I do think @artful_lounger below is right though - I don't think it's very likely you will be able to transfer mid-year I'm afraid.
I would advise you talking to your current university and also the admissions team at Reading to discuss your thoughts and they will be able to give you a better idea of what your options may be.

You can contact them by calling 44 (0) 118 378 8372 or email [email protected]

I hope this helps, but if you have any other questions, please do let us know!
Good luck!

Skye 🙂
4th Year MSci Speech and Language Therapy Student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending