The Student Room Group

How to apply 80-20 principle in A level CS 9618 to achieve better grades

Hi,
I have to do 18 exams(12 A2 exams and 6 AS resits) and my 3 majors are Computer Science 9618, business 9609, and English Language 9093 right now I have not started studying anything. I know a better decision would be to wait for one more year and give some of my exams then but just the thought of waiting for so much time and seeing my friends go to uni and being stuck at home for one whole year is just too depressing. I want to apply the 80-20 rule, also known as the Pareto Principle, which states that 80% of outcomes result from 20% of causes. is it possible for me to get my A's in all 18 units with the time I have(i.e. 2 months)? If so, what are the 20% topics of each subject that can help me achieve maximum marks? how many hours should I study? what study plan do you recommend?
If you only learn 20% of the syllabus for each subject you will not get As. I think that should be fairly obvious.
Reply 2
I didn't mean that i will only study 20% of the syllabus but major topics that can drive maximum/ major results needs to be my priority in my situation
Original post by aiman581
I didn't mean that i will only study 20% of the syllabus but major topics that can drive maximum/ major results needs to be my priority in my situation

That's not how it works? Even if you only study the most foundational topics everything else is drawn from, you will lose so many marks on the other questions you are not able to fully answer as a result.

You really need to stop looking at management consultancy buzzwords and recognise the way to succeed is to systematically learn the material and stop trying to find some kind of shortcut method to success.

Quick Reply

Latest