The Student Room Group

how do I get from an eight to a nine?

how do I increase my English lit gcse from an eight to nine? There are so many different elements I have to consider like analysis, context, universal ideas, word-level analysis, deeper meaning and alternative interpretation. How do I add all that into one paragraph, or do I spread the techniques over my essay? Also, how do I plan my work to flow nicely and what makes my level conceptual?
Reply 1
the best way to start the paragraph is to always have a topic sentence and then add in your quotations and analyze those, then you can go on with context, an alternative approach, effects, etc.
a good method to use for ur paragraphs is SLICE - structure, language, ideas, context, effects (pretty easy to remember) and just remember to use that for all your paragraphs
Reply 2
Original post by raegeo7
the best way to start the paragraph is to always have a topic sentence and then add in your quotations and analyze those, then you can go on with context, an alternative approach, effects, etc.
a good method to use for ur paragraphs is SLICE - structure, language, ideas, context, effects (pretty easy to remember) and just remember to use that for all your paragraphs

many people always forget to talk about structure (free verse, rhyme schemes, and their meanings) and sound (sibilance, alliteration, plosive sounds, etc.) as it really helps you to get that nine
Reply 3
Original post by raegeo7
many people always forget to talk about structure (free verse, rhyme schemes, and their meanings) and sound (sibilance, alliteration, plosive sounds, etc.) as it really helps you to get that nine

add in context.
finally, it is always good to end ur sentence with effects and atmosphere on the reader
Reply 4
Original post by raegeo7
add in context.
finally, it is always good to end ur sentence with effects and atmosphere on the reader

summary: add topic sentence, and quotations, use SLICE, interweave context, sound and structure, effects and atmosphere on the reader
Reply 5
Original post by raegeo7
summary: add topic sentence, and quotations, use SLICE, interweave context, sound and structure, effects and atmosphere on the reader

SLICE sounds good! Ill try to remember that thank you so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending