The Student Room Group

Exam Tips: Effective double checking of answers

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has any tips on effectively doubling checking answers during an exam. Specifically with maths, I find that I have a quarter of the exam time left where I "check" my answers but I still end up making a lot of careless errors which end up costing many marks. Any advice on this would be appreciated.
Original post by sk_5557
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has any tips on effectively doubling checking answers during an exam. Specifically with maths, I find that I have a quarter of the exam time left where I "check" my answers but I still end up making a lot of careless errors which end up costing many marks. Any advice on this would be appreciated.

If you have that much time left, try solving some of the high-mark questions in a different way. If you reach the same answer, it's probably right. (There are few maths questions which can't be solved in multiple ways.)
after my exam, I go with a pencil and literally redo each question in the corner. if the answers are the same I rub out my pencil working out and tick that question. I do this until I find a question where my two working outs don't match/I get different answers. then I focus on how to get the correct answer. it helps me with not just maths, but also with multiple choice Q's in sciences
Reply 3
thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending