The Student Room Group

Personal statement

Help with personal statement for IT
Original post by Menaheel.x
Help with personal statement for IT

Hi @Menaheel.x

Have you got anything so far?

You could start by listing your education and achievements so far, any jobs or work experience, volunteering, extra curricular activities, anything like that - even some of your hobbies - to help get you started. Even though you're applying for IT, you don't have to have a 100% IT focused personal statement. You could discuss some transferable skills from other subjects/work, or even add in some of your other interests to give your application a full insight into you.

Although you want to write in a formal tone, make sure your writing reflects you and sounds genuine.

Best of luck!
Emily 🙂
Student Ambassador at BCU
Reply 2
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @Menaheel.x

You could start by listing your education and achievements so far, any jobs or work experience, volunteering, extra curricular activities, anything like that - even some of your hobbies - to help get you started. Even though you're applying for IT, you don't have to have a 100% IT focused personal statement. You could discuss some transferable skills from other subjects/work, or even add in some of your other interests to give your application a full insight into you.

Although you want to write in a formal tone, make sure your writing reflects you and sounds genuine.

Best of luck!
Emily 🙂

Thank youuu!
Reply 3
Original post by BCU Student Rep
Hi @Menaheel.x

Best of luck!
Emily 🙂

I haven’t found any work yet I’m trying to find something in some IT companies but it’s so difficult
Original post by Menaheel.x
I haven’t found any work yet I’m trying to find something in some IT companies but it’s so difficult

No worries!

Keep looking, there will be something out there. Even if you find work in another industry in the meantime, there may be some transferable skills - time and project management, administration, customer service, etc., which may still be useful to you.

Hope you find something!

Emily 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending