The Student Room Group

extremely mentally ill

hi, i am extremely mentally ill. from the outside i look "normal" but deep within me something is wrong, ive been to therapy, it, did, not, work. i just sat there and pretended to be better when in reality it got worse. severely mentally ill and i dont know what to do, i feel like i should be sectioned but i got work and a levels and tuition, i know i should but my mental health first but hey idk. this past week ive been going through psychosis all alone, ive just come to the realisation that ive gone through that and it was the hardest week of my life, im all alone here im scared
Original post by Anonymous
hi, i am extremely mentally ill. from the outside i look "normal" but deep within me something is wrong, ive been to therapy, it, did, not, work. i just sat there and pretended to be better when in reality it got worse. severely mentally ill and i dont know what to do, i feel like i should be sectioned but i got work and a levels and tuition, i know i should but my mental health first but hey idk. this past week ive been going through psychosis all alone, ive just come to the realisation that ive gone through that and it was the hardest week of my life, im all alone here im scared

You say, "i just sat there and pretended to be better". Why on earth would you do that? That's like someone with appendicitis pretending there's no pain and so not receiving the urgent medical treatment that actually need.

Get in touch with your therapist (or some other professional) and get help. Work, A levels, etc. would have to take a back seat it your physical health was so poor - the same should be true if it's your mental health which is the issue.
Original post by Anonymous

Hello, really sorry to see you are struggling with your mental health. As @DataVenia mentioned, it could be really beneficial for you to seek some professional support. Some of the resources/links on here may be useful: https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/
Going directly to your GP is also an option. Remember, you are not alone and there are many services that provide support for people in your situation. Another really helpful organisation is: https://www.youngminds.org.uk/
Take care of yourself

Quick Reply

Latest