The Student Room Group

Student with anxiety long term

Hello so I suffer with anxiety and depression and sleeping problems due to this,am I able to apply for the disability student allowance,iv not yet applied but I know I need extra support and help when studying.
Thank you
Original post by Anonymous
Hello so I suffer with anxiety and depression and sleeping problems due to this,am I able to apply for the disability student allowance,iv not yet applied but I know I need extra support and help when studying.
Thank you

Hello, my understanding is that you can apply if you've got a disability, medical condition, sensory impairment, mental health condition or specific learning difficulty that affects your ability to study. Each situation will be different and your application will need to be assessed- but it seems like you will be able to apply if you need extra support, due to your mental health. I hope that helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by PileaP
Hello, my understanding is that you can apply if you've got a disability, medical condition, sensory impairment, mental health condition or specific learning difficulty that affects your ability to study. Each situation will be different and your application will need to be assessed- but it seems like you will be able to apply if you need extra support, due to your mental health. I hope that helps :smile:

Ok thank you

Quick Reply

Latest