The Student Room Group

spanish gcse

I hate Spanish GCSE sm, but I need a 9 at GCSE. I am pretty capable of getting all 9s in other subjects, with Spanish being an anomaly. How should I revise and improve? Also, how many grades can I realistically move up between Jan mocks and final exams?
Reply 1
Original post by 11academic11
I hate Spanish GCSE sm, but I need a 9 at GCSE. I am pretty capable of getting all 9s in other subjects, with Spanish being an anomaly. How should I revise and improve? Also, how many grades can I realistically move up between Jan mocks and final exams?

I love using the app called "Busuu" To revise languages. Short lessons and you get to learn from people who speak the language natively. You can easily jump your grades if you are sincere enough with this app. I'm using this for learning Russian and brushing up on my French. It's the best thing I've discovered.

In 2 months you can complete an entire language proficiency if you want as well (just be consistent and disciplined). For your exams pls go by your course specifications (not tb syllabus!) And practice your vocab through Duolingo. I'm sure you'll get a Grade 9.

It improves your speaking, listening and fluency of the language. For written I'd suggest writing down the phrases & tips after every short lesson (3 mins per lesson!!) You can set goals & reminders in as well in the app as well.

I hope this was helpful to you!

Take Care and All the best!!

Wishing you a very Happy New Year!!

Quick Reply

Latest