The Student Room Group

How to apply to US university?

I want to apply to the Ivy league, how do I apply from UK?
Original post by BlackLives

Using the CommonApp for most unis, though there's a lot of information online about this.
Reply 2
Original post by elemenohpee
Using the CommonApp for most unis, though there's a lot of information online about this.

I've tried common app and it's really bad. Is there another way I can apply?
I've tried common app and it's really bad. Is there another way I can apply?

The Coalition application is another option, though the common app is a very common option and some colleges may only use that so it would be worth watching some videos to figure out how to navigate it tbh

Most colleges and universities are not part of the Common App system, however, some Ivy League colleges choose to have a separate, regular application process, so you have to apply on their website directly by creating an account and following the instructions. Many of them have youtube/TikTok channels and occasionally, workshops to help applicants navigate the admission process. It is a complex process, so you may at some point be required to sit down with someone who has done it before and is willing to give some guidance. Your school may be able to help too. There are also private admission counselors and agencies to help you in the process.
Check out mygradcoach.com. They have free intro sessions for college applicants. They are mostly focused on graduate level admissions coaching, but can help with the common app and other college admission-related questions. First session is FREE!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending