The Student Room Group

AS Grades

I am currently in Year 12 and am getting B's and I am doing 4 subjects I am hoping to get A*s by the end of the year. I want to apply to medicine and was reading a forum from 12years ago saying AS grades matter (ik things have changed but still wondering).
Reply 1
Original post by EZIKIEL04
I am currently in Year 12 and am getting B's and I am doing 4 subjects I am hoping to get A*s by the end of the year. I want to apply to medicine and was reading a forum from 12years ago saying AS grades matter (ik things have changed but still wondering).

12 years ago, A levels were modular, so AS levels matter. Now, for most people, A levels are linear and med schools do not care about AS level
Original post by GANFYD
12 years ago, A levels were modular, so AS levels matter. Now, for most people, A levels are linear and med schools do not care about AS level

As above.

It's better to get 3 solid As rather than AABB.

If in Wales and Welsh Bacc is your fourth, there is no getting away from it so you just have to go full steam. On the plus side some med schools accept it so it gives a bit of flex.

Although not scored on your AS levels you will still need to put them down on your application if they have been certificated.
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending