The Student Room Group

Bouts of depression . Affecting me academically and my social life

I am so done with school, I dont even know where to start from. I am doing my first year of A levels and tbh I dont want to do this anmore. I cant focus and concentrate. I have trouble remembering as my memorizing capability has significantly downgraded. I used to think if I fail a test it was the end of my life and I would have full blown panic attacks when I did bad on a test or if I couldnt understand a topic like everyone could. This and many other events frm my early teenage years led me to severely low self esteem and self image problems. Last few months I really didnt care about anything. If I died , I died. I couldnt be bothered to do anything or even get out of bed and actually do something productive. But then again I would "get better" for a while and go back to being depressed. Its a scary feeling like I cant describe what exactly I am feeling. I feel like an imposter. Is there much more to life than being a respected and loved person?
I have been in therapy before but it never relly helped me. I think medications would help but I am under 18 and there are strict UK laws or something.
Reply 1
I also dont have any friends at my sixth form where I just moved to and evrything has just been blows after blows making my life more difficult this year. I try not to be to affected my these but atthe end of the day I am also a person with feelings. Please do help out w any tips if yu think you can:smile:)
Original post by Anonymous #1
I also dont have any friends at my sixth form where I just moved to and evrything has just been blows after blows making my life more difficult this year. I try not to be to affected my these but atthe end of the day I am also a person with feelings. Please do help out w any tips if yu think you can:smile:)

I’m in year 12 and some teachers do say the 2 years will be hardest you will probs ever have to work for, sometimes I do get tired and can’t be bothered to be productive and I sometimes do over work I sometimes wake up at 5/6:00 am to do work and stress over tests when I don’t a grade I want (an A or A*😂), I recently spoke to my old gcse maths teacher for some advice and making friends maybe you could talk to some ppl it u feel you can talk to in ur classes or a teacher 🙂👍🏾
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by emmanuella16

I’m in year 12 and some teachers do say the 2 years will be hardest you will probs ever have to work for, sometimes I do get tired and can’t be bothered to be productive and I sometimes do over work I sometimes wake up at 5/6:00 am to do work and stress over tests when I don’t a grade I want (an A or A*😂), I recently spoke to my old gcse maths teacher for some advice and making friends maybe you could talk to some ppl it u feel you can talk to in ur classes or a teacher 🙂👍🏾

hey what subjects do u do
Original post by kes1a__
hey what subjects do u do

I do biology, psychology and pe 😁 wbu?
Original post by Anonymous #1
I am so done with school, I dont even know where to start from. I am doing my first year of A levels and tbh I dont want to do this anmore. I cant focus and concentrate. I have trouble remembering as my memorizing capability has significantly downgraded. I used to think if I fail a test it was the end of my life and I would have full blown panic attacks when I did bad on a test or if I couldnt understand a topic like everyone could. This and many other events frm my early teenage years led me to severely low self esteem and self image problems. Last few months I really didnt care about anything. If I died , I died. I couldnt be bothered to do anything or even get out of bed and actually do something productive. But then again I would "get better" for a while and go back to being depressed. Its a scary feeling like I cant describe what exactly I am feeling. I feel like an imposter. Is there much more to life than being a respected and loved person?
I have been in therapy before but it never relly helped me. I think medications would help but I am under 18 and there are strict UK laws or something.

no same during gcses when i did horribly, i thought my parents would kick me out and it was the end of my life too. and now ever since i got my gcse results and my mum wasnt happy, she has been bringing it up which has made me have low self esteem. i definitely think i am failing academically :frown:
Reply 6

oh wow what are you planning to do
Reply 7
Original post by kes1a__

I do bio chem and psychology
Original post by kes1a__

I’m interested in psychology and mental disorders/ the the brain so I think I might go to uni and then be a clinical psychologist
Original post by kes1a__

I do bio chem and psychology
Oof Chemistry I could never I only got a 5 in gsce chem😂👌🏾
Reply 10
chemistry is tough 😭😭
Original post by kes1a__
chemistry is tough 😭😭

I know I have heard 😂
Reply 12
yeah I might regret taking the course now but I’m sure I’ll be grateful later on. Which college do you go to? I just moved here so I don’t really know anyone 😭

Quick Reply

Latest