The Student Room Group

help for what to study in a level

so i am currently in my gcse year and i need help on deciding my alevels, firstly i know i want to do maths and art and mabye a science(chem or bio) because i like those topics , but i dont know what i want to do with those subjects in the future, so im not sure about choosing them. does anyone have websites i can go too to look at careers or smth? also i have no idea about uni stuff and idk if thats a bad thing
hi im a year 12 student and i just finished my gcse's. i hope urs are going well. so about ur question, I'm sure you know that A-levels will require so so much more work and dedication to get good grades. I see that ur certain on math and art which is good. I'm a biology student and I want to tell you if you aren't immensely passionate about bio then it will take u on a ride and there is so so much more content and there is a lot of memorising the content even if u dont understand it you just need to know it. AND THE MARKSCHEME IS SO SO SPECIFIC SO MAKE SURE U CAN MEMORISE SPECIFIC TERMINOLOGY. and to find courses with those subjects you can go to whatuni.com and u can say what u want to study and like the subjects u are taking. hope this helped :smile: . Good luck with ur gcse's. :smile:.
Reply 2
Maths with Chem, Bio, or preferably both, would leave a hundred degree subjects open to you - see links below for examples.
If you are aiming at a STEM degree then you may want to rethink Art - its a time-consuming subject, and wont add anything to a STEM application. Remember, you can continue Art as a hobby, you dont need to be doing 'an A level' - your local FE college will have interesting one-off topic classes, weekend courses etc that you can do in your spare time.

Studying Chemistry at Nottingham - The University of Nottingham
Biological and Biomedical Sciences - Study - University of Liverpool
Choosing between Pharmacy and Pharmacology (bath.ac.uk)
Mathematics | Nottingham Trent University
BSc Chemistry with Maths | University of Southampton
Mathematical Biology BSc (Hons) | University of Dundee, UK

Quick Reply

Latest