The Student Room Group

Returning student advice.

I currently hold an HND in Engineering having dropped out in my early 20's. Have been working in relevant industry for ~6years or so.Just looking to see if going back and doing an MEng would be feasible or if I'd still have to complete BEng and go up from there. Anyone any experiences with this?
Original post by SureBKM
I currently hold an HND in Engineering having dropped out in my early 20's. Have been working in relevant industry for ~6years or so.Just looking to see if going back and doing an MEng would be feasible or if I'd still have to complete BEng and go up from there. Anyone any experiences with this?

You should probably talk to a few Universities and see what they say. You probably couldn't do a generalist MEng, and certainly not an MEng programme designed to be an undergrad Masters, so directly on from a BEng. However, could you do an engineering Masters based on your 6 years of professional experience - that's quite likely. I can't comment on accreditation, and that might be an issue or something you are seeking.
Original post by SureBKM

You'd likely have to complete an undergraduate degree first. An HND may allow advanced entry - I know this is the case at some Scottish universities.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending