The Student Room Group

I got an email said my registration as a student has been terminated. Help?

I'm a first-year undergrad student at QMUL, studying Comparative Literature, however earlier this year I chose to change courses so I naturally went on to seek advice from my tutor and they told me to interrupt my studies immediately and start my new course (Film Studies) in September. I was ready and excited to start my new course as I even had my change of programme form ready to submit when I go back to university in a few weeks. However, I has just logged into my student email today and received an email from the university, telling me that my registration as a QM student will soon be terminated as I had not attended my exams or any resits because I interrupted my studies. I absolutely do not know what to do next. I even sent an email to my tutor about this and linked the email as a file to her so she can have a read. If anyone knows what to do, please let me know. I really don't want to lose my spot in this university.
Original post by koobunny
I'm a first-year undergrad student at QMUL, studying Comparative Literature, however earlier this year I chose to change courses so I naturally went on to seek advice from my tutor and they told me to interrupt my studies immediately and start my new course (Film Studies) in September. I was ready and excited to start my new course as I even had my change of programme form ready to submit when I go back to university in a few weeks. However, I has just logged into my student email today and received an email from the university, telling me that my registration as a QM student will soon be terminated as I had not attended my exams or any resits because I interrupted my studies. I absolutely do not know what to do next. I even sent an email to my tutor about this and linked the email as a file to her so she can have a read. If anyone knows what to do, please let me know. I really don't want to lose my spot in this university.

Did you complete an "Interruption of Studies" form (here) and return it to your School/Institute for approval? Or did you simply stop attending lectures etc.?
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
Did you complete an "Interruption of Studies" form (here) and return it to your School/Institute for approval? Or did you simply stop attending lectures etc.?

Yes, I completed the form and sent it to my school but I hadn't received any response from them at all so I chased them with a few emails, but still no response. And then I recieved an email from the university last tuesday stating that my registration as a student will be terminated since I failed to sit and re-sit my exams.
(edited 7 months ago)
Yes, I completed the form and sent it to my school but I hadn't received any response from them at all so I chased them with a few emails, but still no response. And then I recieved an email from the university last tuesday stating that my registration as a student will be terminated since I failed to sit and re-sit my exams.

Excellent. Then I suggest you contact whoever sent the e-mail and explain to them that you have previously completed an "Interruption of Studies" form, which had been approved by your School/Institute, and that you are now returning to join a new course. Hopefully, this is just an administrative mix-up.
Reply 4
Excellent. Then I suggest you contact whoever sent the e-mail and explain to them that you have previously completed an "Interruption of Studies" form, which had been approved by your School/Institute, and that you are now returning to join a new course. Hopefully, this is just an administrative mix-up.

The email was sent as an attached file from [email protected] so there's no way for me to contact them. Should I call the university about this?
Reply 5

The email I recieved was attached as a file from [email protected] so there's no way for me to contact them. Should I call the university about this?
The email was sent as an attached file from [email protected] so there's no way for me to contact them. Should I call the university about this?

I'm not sure, to be honest. Perhaps Student Administration within the Academic Registry and Council Secretariat (ARCS). Their contact details are here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending