Taking notes manually23%
Using flashcards27%
Revision guides and articles2%
Discussing with other students6%
Looking at past papers39%
Something else? Tell us more in the comments3%
Total votes: 193
Hello there :biggrin:

Now that we're slowly but surely getting settled into January, for many, mock exams are on the horizon - so, we want to know what your favourite revision method is and why :pcguru:

Perhaps flashcards are your thing, study groups with your friends or you prefer revising with some good ol' trusty notes... take your vote and tell us more about how you'll be getting prepared for your exams below :h:
(edited 3 months ago)
Strongly depends on the subjects and the lessons. For learning vocabularies and terms, flashcards are good for it, for a deeper understanding of the subject, I soliloquise in front of a mirror or discuss with another people.
Reply 2
past papers and flashcards are the best
Original post by CamembertPaws

Now that we're slowly but surely getting settled into January, for many, mock exams are on the horizon - so, we want to know what your favourite revision method is and why :pcguru:

Perhaps flashcards are your thing, study groups with your friends or you prefer revising with some good ol' trusty notes... take your vote and tell us more about how you'll be getting prepared for your exams below :h:

Hey there 😀

My favourite revision method is taking notes manually. I find that physically writing down information helps me to better absorb and understand the material. It is undoubtedly a time-consuming method. However, it allows me to study actively. This results in better comprehension and retention compared to passive learning.

Take care,

Julia
Psychology student
De Montfort University
Reply 4
I will stand by blurting until the day I die. It's easily the best revision technique that actually works for information recall. Past papers are definitely the best source of revision for problem solving subjects though.
Original post by leno_o
past papers and flashcards are the best

Past papers as preparation for an exam is the best, however too much of it may blow your mind and decline your mental performance during the exam. The right amount of excercise matters.
I use flashcards mainly for biology and geography, as well as past paper questions and revision guides. For RS I make mind maps, flashcards, essay plans and practise essays.
Original post by CamembertPaws

It very much depends on what you are revising for.

If you are revising for upcoming exams - then past papers are typically more efficient as you get a.) experience with the types of questions asked, and b.) get quantifiable data on areas in which you are consistently dropping marks on.

However, for general revision - going over your notes regularly and/or turning them into flashcards to review can be an efficient way to maintain the information.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending