The Student Room Group

Add back the ability to search within threads

Problem Summary
Add back the ability to search within threads, new and established users want this

Problem Details
several new and established users have asked how to search within a thread and the thing is you can’t unless you have access to showthread 2 or you know some whacky tech like I do (I explain the wacky tech to them or I say, sorry mate unless you have access to ST2, you’ll have to jump through hoops to use this functionality even though you shouldn’t have to as these features should be standard).

This option needs to be added back in as or is incredibly useful in applicant threads and forum games.

Also the new search functionality is poor (I’m aware of how many times I’ve said but it is genuinely poor to the point where I’ve bookmarked the old search functionality).

Device
Mobile

Browser
Brave

Link
Just look it up

Additional Information
I echo what 04MR17 says in that we shouldn’t have to be creating these kinds of threads to import functionality that existed prior to the release of react e.g bookmarks, ability to search in a thread, hide avatars etc.
i have no idea what you're on about
Original post by ohyegodsmyroast
i have no idea what you're on about

You joined after the update got rolled out but before you were able to search stuff within a thread like this:
IMG_1405.png
This functionality has been removed on the new system (at least for now) and it was incredibly useful when wanting to search key terms or posts within a thread:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7412144
Original post by Talkative Toad
Problem Summary
Add back the ability to search within threads, new and established users want this

Problem Details
several new and established users have asked how to search within a thread and the thing is you can’t unless you have access to showthread 2 or you know some whacky tech like I do (I explain the wacky tech to them or I say, sorry mate unless you have access to ST2, you’ll have to jump through hoops to use this functionality even though you shouldn’t have to as these features should be standard).

This option needs to be added back in as or is incredibly useful in applicant threads and forum games.

Also the new search functionality is poor (I’m aware of how many times I’ve said but it is genuinely poor to the point where I’ve bookmarked the old search functionality).

Device
Mobile

Browser
Brave

Link
Just look it up

Additional Information
I echo what 04MR17 says in that we shouldn’t have to be creating these kinds of threads to import functionality that existed prior to the release of react e.g bookmarks, ability to search in a thread, hide avatars etc.

Thanks again for asking for this. We know other long term users have asked for it too and the product team will be looking at all the feature requests.
Original post by PurpleAndGreen
Thanks again for asking for this. We know other long term users have asked for it too and the product team will be looking at all the feature requests.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending