University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

university of reading

does uni of reading accept 3B's in A levels? subjects are math, phy, chemistry
Original post by Anonymous #1
does uni of reading accept 3B's in A levels? subjects are math, phy, chemistry

Hey Anonymous!

What course are you thinking of applying to? Entry requirements vary based on the course.

Skye 🙂
4th Year MSci Speech and Language Therapy Student
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by UniofReading
Hey Anonymous!

What course are you thinking of applying to? Entry requirements vary based on the course.

Skye 🙂
4th Year MSci Speech and Language Therapy Student

I will apply to any course that accepts 3B's.
Original post by Anonymous #1
I will apply to any course that accepts 3B's.

Dear @Anonymous,

Whilst we have a number of courses that accept 3 Bs/120 UCAS points, I would advise you to think more deeply about what areas or topics you are interested in, ideally related to your A Levels. Going to university is one of the biggest life decisions you will make, so it's really important that you choose something you are interested in and passionate about, as well as considering where you will study (but I think you've made the right choice in considering Reading!) and the financial cost - don't just apply because you think you have to or take anything that comes your way, you can always take a gap year to reconsider your options or retake any grades you're not happy with!

That being said, here are a few options you can consider. Most entry requirements are around ABB but Reading has a contextual offer scheme that means if you drop a grade then your application/place may still be considered/held if you choose it as your firm choice on UCAS (depending on the school/competitiveness on the course but largely only courses with very high entry requirements or application volumes will be excluded from this for obvious reasons), which means you could potentially consider a broader range of options. However, I would suggest that you have a look through our courses available here and potentially consider ones with a foundation year (all of which are listed here if you'd like to check them out) if there are any that you really like the look of but don't meet the entry requirements for usual entry to the course. This will just give you an extra year of study to get to grips with the basics and see how you get along with the subject.

Looking at your A Levels, I would suggest you consider something along similar lines so you have some understanding of the field already and know you have a general interest. Therefore, have a look at:

Our Building and Surveying courses, most of which have BBB entry

Computer Sciences, where Mathematics and Computer science asks for ABC. A is required in Maths, but if you firm choice the course the grade requirement drops to a B so it's definitely an option, but have a look at the other options

Architectural Engineering which asks for a B in maths and has the option of becoming an integrated masters if you take the 4 year course

Finance, which has some options despite asking for ABB in most areas (again, the firm choice contextual scheme can come into play here)

Pharmacy, notably Pharmacology asks for BBB

If you have any questions more specifically about each course, please do let us know. For any more specific queries about admission to courses with higher entry requirements I'd recommend talking to our admissions team at [email protected] and they can advise you. We do try to look at applications holistically too, so any relevant work experience or extra curricular activities are definitely worth highlighting in your personal statement, as well as your passion for the subject of course. Finally, you might want to check out our Unibuddy page - here you can find students by their subject of study, so potentially learn more about a course you're interested in from a more personal perspective.

I hope this has been helpful! Feel free to keep asking questions on this thread and coming back here if you'd like any other advice about applying, visiting Reading or the application process.
Kat :smile:
MA Diplomacy Student
Reply 4
Modern languages offered me BCC, lots of Reading courses will accept your grades. But you really need to think about what you want to do. You don’t just want any degree, this is a 3-5 year and up to £100,000 commitment. Take a subject you enjoy at least, especially in an industry you’re interested in. Uni is such a huge part of students’ lives, but if you don’t enjoy your subject then it will soon become something you despise. Please don’t go to uni if you don’t actually want to.
Reply 5
Modern languages offered me BCC, lots of Reading courses will accept your grades. But you really need to think about what you want to do. You don’t just want any degree, this is a 3-5 year and up to £100,000 commitment. Take a subject you enjoy at least, especially in an industry you’re interested in. Uni is such a huge part of students’ lives, but if you don’t enjoy your subject then it will soon become something you despise. Please don’t go to uni if you don’t actually want to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending