The Student Room Group

Should I be worried? ENGLIT

I'm worried that our class is extremely behind for english lit...
heres what we've done so far: (im y11)

inspector calls
all 15 poems

so currently we're doing Macbeth, and nobody, NOBODY understands what is going on LOL, teacher is not great at this....
we're currently just starts act 2 scene 1

AND WE HAVE DONE ZERO JEKYLL AND HYDE. ZEROOO

its over for us LOL

(on a side note, we finished eng lang paper 1 in y10, and we "finished" paper 2 in the autumn/winter term, but I think everyone's understanding is a bit weak)
It’s further behind than you’d ideally be but you should have time. If I were you I might be tempted to do some extra work, however, and take control of your learning a bit. You can read Jekyll and Hyde independently and then use Mr Bruff and Mr Salis English channels as well as CGP revision guides to create your own notes. Good luck!
I'm also in y11 (ambrose) - i think its probably better for you to start doing extra work, because if you continue relying solely on just your teacher/school, you will most likely find that you will be behind. For example, I started making revision resources and key notes on all of my subjects back in Y10 and its benefited me now, because I don't have to worry about making the resources, but just the revising part.
Reply 3
Original post by tobiloba0001
I'm also in y11 (ambrose) - i think its probably better for you to start doing extra work, because if you continue relying solely on just your teacher/school, you will most likely find that you will be behind. For example, I started making revision resources and key notes on all of my subjects back in Y10 and its benefited me now, because I don't have to worry about making the resources, but just the revising part.

ah
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by visula

inspector calls
all 15 poems

so currently we're doing Macbeth, and nobody, NOBODY understands what is going on LOL, teacher is not great at this....

its over for us LOL

(on a side note, we finished eng lang paper 1 in y10, and we "finished" paper 2 in the autumn/winter term, but I think everyone's understanding is a bit weak)

this makes me feel even more behind… we’ve finished blood brothers and have done 3 poems 💀 although we have finished our entire english language gcse and we share time between eng lang/lit
Original post by visula

inspector calls
all 15 poems

its over for us LOL

Hey !

A level English Lit student here, don't worry as long as you are completely confident in Inspector Calls alongside the 15 poems your still good, Macbeth was honestly one of my favourite plays, I suggest reading the play by yourself and perhaps using a translator (i'm pretty sure Sparknotes does this) or maybe watching a few scenes of Macbeth on youtube, I feel like seeing the play visually helps you understand the emotions and settings so much better. I would then create posters/mindmaps or just create notes for each character and theme, for this you will need to keep in mind all your AOs, think about context you can link and quotations that link with the theme or character you are writing about in your poster. After this I would look at past papers and answer some questions, if you would like I could definitely look at them for you, once you have looked at past papers try and focus on themes and characters which haven't come up as they are most likely the ones that will come up as questions. Maybe if you have freidns in the same class as you, make up questions for each other and answer them then give them back to your friends for them to peer asses (I'm dong this for economics and it has been really helpful). Lastly just read the play one more time after all this revision I guarantee you'll start picking up even more things you can analyse. Remember in GCSE's its about zooming in on every single detail you can find and continue to link it to other characters/themes/context etc.
Original post by visula
got it thanks...and omg lol i go to aggs...absolute mess-

cant believe you actually go to aggs😭

Quick Reply

Latest