The Student Room Group

English Lit Coursework

Hi, I’ve done my Poetry comparison coursework and my Romeo and Juliet Coursework and I got a 9/24 mark on both, I’m not too sure how to get better marks in the exams as we are now doing Of mice and men and studying isn’t really helping and I’m feeling really demotivated due to the marks I got previously, what should I do? My teacher also said that if we got under 10 we would have to do the foundation paper as she feels anyone who got less that 10 wouldn’t be confident enough to do the higher tier.
Original post by CamP2903
Hi, I’ve done my Poetry comparison coursework and my Romeo and Juliet Coursework and I got a 9/24 mark on both, I’m not too sure how to get better marks in the exams as we are now doing Of mice and men and studying isn’t really helping and I’m feeling really demotivated due to the marks I got previously, what should I do? My teacher also said that if we got under 10 we would have to do the foundation paper as she feels anyone who got less that 10 wouldn’t be confident enough to do the higher tier.

First of all, make sure to not feel too bad about it. English Lit isn't the easiest of subjects and some people may find it harder to do good in it. Don't think about how bad you're doing but rather think about how much improvement you can make and turn unmotivation into pure determination.Personally, I remember being horrible in anything to do with poems because I didn't really know what to say about them but after being demotivated (getting a really bad mark just like you), I started watching these analysis videos of the poems and they helped soo much! Also, reading other types of poems really helps you to see differences in poems. Try get your poems printed without any labels, and then label it as much as you can side by side, and see the differences. Then, look at your original labels/labels of the poem online and see what you missed. This is what helped me get better, but may not help everyone, so I'm sorry if this doesn't help.
Reply 2
Original post by StingRay123

First of all, make sure to not feel too bad about it. English Lit isn't the easiest of subjects and some people may find it harder to do good in it. Don't think about how bad you're doing but rather think about how much improvement you can make and turn unmotivation into pure determination.Personally, I remember being horrible in anything to do with poems because I didn't really know what to say about them but after being demotivated (getting a really bad mark just like you), I started watching these analysis videos of the poems and they helped soo much! Also, reading other types of poems really helps you to see differences in poems. Try get your poems printed without any labels, and then label it as much as you can side by side, and see the differences. Then, look at your original labels/labels of the poem online and see what you missed. This is what helped me get better, but may not help everyone, so I'm sorry if this doesn't help.

Thankyou so much for replying, I needed some help and I’m so glad I got this app.
Original post by CamP2903
Thankyou so much for replying, I needed some help and I’m so glad I got this app.

No worries, and I'm glad I helped!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending