The Student Room Group

Can I do frankinstein for a level lit course work

I do AQA English lit and am thinking about doing frankinstein for coursework but I feel like I’ve seen it before and have searched but no clear answer wether I can or not for exam board
It’s not on AQA’s list of banned works (https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/english/as-and-a-level/english-literature-a-7711-7712/subject-content-a-level/independent-critical-study-texts-across-time) so yes you are technically allowed to use it. However it is a GCSE text, and I remember my teachers advising me to stay away from books used at GCSE since they don’t allow as much sophisticated analysis.
Original post by MetellaInAtrio
It’s not on AQA’s list of banned works (https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/english/as-and-a-level/english-literature-a-7711-7712/subject-content-a-level/independent-critical-study-texts-across-time) so yes you are technically allowed to use it. However it is a GCSE text, and I remember my teachers advising me to stay away from books used at GCSE since they don’t allow as much sophisticated analysis.

thanks that was really helpful!
Original post by Saima.Hussain.
I do AQA English lit and am thinking about doing frankinstein for coursework but I feel like I’ve seen it before and have searched but no clear answer wether I can or not for exam board

A friend of mine did Frankenstein for her coursework so should be fine
Reply 4
Original post by Saima.Hussain.

i did frankenstein for my english coursework and got a pretty good mark. there is a lot of stuff you can analyse in it, and our school actually recommended it for coursework!!
Original post by MetellaInAtrio

It's even on the recommended list by the looks of it.
Original post by emmawemmal
i did frankenstein for my english coursework and got a pretty good mark. there is a lot of stuff you can analyse in it, and our school actually recommended it for coursework!!

Thank you, this made me feel better because I felt like if I did I would get a lower mark
Original post by misseuropa
A friend of mine did Frankenstein for her coursework so should be fine

Do you know what literary theory she used
Original post by emmawemmal

What literary theory did u use

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending