The Student Room Group

Best Medicine/Biology Related Books?

For year 12 student. I've read When BreathBecomes Air, does anyone have any othersuggestions. Specifically any more science based ones?

I’ve also posted in the med sub forum but realised I may get replies in the actual book one instead 😂
Reply 1
There is this website, havent read any of them but I think I might cuase I'm tryna get onto medicine too.
The Ultimate List of 35 Medical Nonfiction Books (aworldadventurebybook.com) Bad blood seems great but thats all I can do for now. If I read some I'll send them to you and probs add them in my own tread too.
Reply 2
Original post by Tatakae L
There is this website, havent read any of them but I think I might cuase I'm tryna get onto medicine too.
The Ultimate List of 35 Medical Nonfiction Books (aworldadventurebybook.com) Bad blood seems great but thats all I can do for now. If I read some I'll send them to you and probs add them in my own tread too.

Thanks! I’ve got Bad Science as well I want to read but I think that’s more about journalism in medicine and current affairs rather than the biological side
Reply 3
Original post by study23!
Thanks! I’ve got Bad Science as well I want to read but I think that’s more about journalism in medicine and current affairs rather than the biological side

I'll try find some if I have time.
Reply 4
The Seven Ages of Death by Richard Shepherd is very interesting and very thought-provoking. It does go into details of post-mortems though, so might not be for you if you are grossed out by that sort of thing.

Sleeping Beauties by Suzanne O'Sullivan is another one I found quite interesting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending