The Student Room Group

how do i begin to write an essay (pls help)

for context: i have a bunch of essays i need to write (each are about 300 and two are 500 words minimum) for english literature class and these are basically sample assessments? (ms, if you're reading this, im so sorry) and so i have no idea how to go about writing these? ive got until the end of jan to complete them and i couldnt do them before because a) i procrastinated heavily (unmedicated adhd go brr) and b) i had jan session exams and i was swamped.
now my question is, how do i write these essays? i would think that someone who had english literature in igcse/gcse would know how to actually write conparatives or analysis stuff but i never had lit for igcse so im kind of walking in blind.
Reply 1
I never started with introductions, leave that until the end. Start with a few points you want to make, I assume it would be one or two considering your word count. Then find the quotes you like that relate to those points and it should flow from there. Then you can add an introduction, again I assume it'll have to be one or two sentences considering your word count. Hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending