The Student Room Group

Pursuing Medicine but I dont know if my GCSE grades are any good

I really want to try and get into med but I feel like and have been told by a few people that my GCSE grades are too low. Since there's a high competition I want to know if there's any point in trying. ( I have slightly gotten better during A-Levels and started taking things more serious)
Chemistry: 9
History: 8
RS : 8
Physics: 8
Biology: 7
Maths: 7
English lit and also english lang: 6
computer science: 5

ps. I'm taking Biology Chemistry and Maths for A levels and want to know if theres an actual good chance of me getting into med
In my GCSEs:
Maths - 6
English lit & lang - 8
Combined science - 9/9
RS - 9
Geography - 8
Drama 8
Art - 8
German - 7

I got 2520 B3 in my UCAT (which isn’t great) and predicted AAA and B in EPQ.

Today I received an interview invite for Leicester Medical School which is the 10th best in UK. Do not let people put you off. GCSEs are only a starting point and you have very solid ones for medicine. Focus on getting your A grades and a good UCAT score. You will smash it I believe in you! ❤️
Original post by erin282888441
In my GCSEs:
Maths - 6
English lit & lang - 8
Combined science - 9/9
RS - 9
Geography - 8
Drama 8
Art - 8
German - 7

I got 2520 B3 in my UCAT (which isn’t great) and predicted AAA and B in EPQ.

Today I received an interview invite for Leicester Medical School which is the 10th best in UK. Do not let people put you off. GCSEs are only a starting point and you have very solid ones for medicine. Focus on getting your A grades and a good UCAT score. You will smash it I believe in you! ❤️

Thanks for your reply and giving insight, good luck on your interview as well! I hope it goes well for you and you end up getting the results you want
Reply 3
Original post by ChasingGrades123
I really want to try and get into med but I feel like and have been told by a few people that my GCSE grades are too low. Since there's a high competition I want to know if there's any point in trying. ( I have slightly gotten better during A-Levels and started taking things more serious)
Chemistry: 9
History: 8
RS : 8
Physics: 8
Biology: 7
Maths: 7
English lit and also english lang: 6
computer science: 5

ps. I'm taking Biology Chemistry and Maths for A levels and want to know if theres an actual good chance of me getting into med

Your GCSEs are fine, provided you have good admission test scores and are predicted a minimum of AAA.
But nobody's chance of getting into medicine is "good", as some years it is as low as 16% of applicants who get offers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending