The Student Room Group

Application of maths Nat 5

im currently doing nat 5 chem, bio, physics, English, maths, mods, French. I hope to do medicine at uni.

So my school enrolled me in the applications of maths exam AND maths exam.

I haven't been taught apps of maths so I was wondering if I must take it?

Obviously I'm still doing maths at nat 5 but I'm not sure if I should also do applocations of maths as well.
Original post by Melissa200
im currently doing nat 5 chem, bio, physics, English, maths, mods, French. I hope to do medicine at uni.
So my school enrolled me in the applications of maths exam AND maths exam.
I haven't been taught apps of maths so I was wondering if I must take it?
Obviously I'm still doing maths at nat 5 but I'm not sure if I should also do applocations of maths as well.

Have you spoken to your maths teacher yet to ask why this has occurred?
Hiya, I got enrolled into apps of maths too even though I wasn't taught any of it. Schools tend to enroll students in both nat 5s as you're very likely to do well in apps of math if you're doing well in nat 5 math. It's honestly not too bad. I sat both exams last year (and got A's in both!); just do a past paper the night before to see what kind of questions appear but it's very easily doable without having any prior lessons or revision. If you absolutely are not confident about it, speak to your teacher and they can un-enroll you out of it. Having the extra qualification doesn't hurt as it adds some credit to you and your school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending