The Student Room Group

On a scale of 1-10, how difficult is A-Level History?

As someone who got Cs in her O-Level History and Geography but did actually enjoy the subjects (or rather, the teacher), how will I find A-Level History? I don’t particularly enjoy having to memorise things, like dates and stuff but on the other hand, history is too interesting!
It depends on your writing speed and the quality of your writing since the knowledge element of history is easy, especially if you plan to do politics or economics with it. If you write well and follow a good structure, you should be fine getting an A-A* in A-level history.
Reply 2
Original post by TomcSixthForm
It depends on your writing speed and the quality of your writing since the knowledge element of history is easy, especially if you plan to do politics or economics with it. If you write well and follow a good structure, you should be fine getting an A-A* in A-level history.

I do write pretty well, actually, and definitely taking politics too…hmm I’ll definitely think of the possibility of taking history then :smile:
Original post by erenix

I do write pretty well, actually, and definitely taking politics too…hmm I’ll definitely think of the possibility of taking history then :smile:

Yeah, it’s definitely worth considering. Just check with your sixth grade what you’ll actually be studying since the only political links that are viable will be to Britain Transformed 1918–97 and USA 1920–55 (fewer links within the USA course ).

Quick Reply

Latest