The Student Room Group

Whats a good Edexcel Alevel History coursework structure

My current A-Level history teacher has given us minimal support (Pretty much 0 with no Feedback ever) in relation to anything. But the structure the majority of the class is using is this:.*

Intro: 400 words or less*
Argument 1: 1 historian and 1 supplementary aim for 1000 words*
Argument 2: 1 historian and 1 supplementary aim for 1000 words*
Argument 3: 1 historian and 1 supplementary aim for 1000 words*
Comparative paragraph: 300 words*
Conclusion: 300 words*

My concern is with the length of the comparative paragraph in Mr. Gunn History (a teacher from YouTube advises it to be around 800 words).

The deadline is February 20th, and I will unlikely have the time available to redo my argument to fit his schedule. So I would like to know if the structure above is good enough to achieve an A*. Or should I try and stretch out the comparative paragraph and go to 4200 words, as you are allowed to be 10% under or 10% over the word count? However, my concern with this is that you lose some marks as it’s no longer considered concise. Would this be better for a higher overall mark, or would it be better to keep it concise to maximise marks? It’s still possible to achieve 36/40 without it being concise, which is an A. However, you lose the ability to reach above 37/40.*

Thank you for reading and for any insight you may offer.
Reply 1
The reason for it being 4200 instead of 4400 is that it may be considered somewhat concise, as at 4400 you lose all potential marks for being concise, and it becomes extremely difficult to get above an A.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending